Thursday 18 August 2011

Introduce Yourself

I saw this suggestion from Lynda, and I thought great idea. So if you come on here, if you want to and feel comfortable to.......................... introduce yourself. Im Jo, I have a beautiful son who is 5yo, I have had a diagnosis of aspergers for 15 months, but knew before. I went through a series of not being believed, being sent here and there and everywhere and what feels like a hell of a ride finding people and resources and acceptance. I can honestly say that with the educational courses on parenting and autism that I have done (and that the amazing team of kind and caring people that work in this field) that life is a whole lot different after a year and a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it might help to put the courses I have done:

    ASD Plus through IDEA services, they came to my home and went through all and every aspects of autism, related to my situation.

    HELP Course through Autism NZ - very helpful (excuse the pun) and also covers all aspects of Autism in a practical use it when you get home way.

    SUE LARKEY Seminar: What can I say, that women is a genius. Her information is based on practical hands on information that you can use straight away.

    Incredible Years Positive Parenting: This isnt geared towards Autism, but I found it............. life changing! As it gave me a bunch of really awesome tools to use with my son that I feel has given us a calmer household, strengthened our relationship, given me more confidence in my parenting and definatly works on Cayds with aspergers.

    SKIP Positive Parenting: Same as above. Its amazing how much you can change your life at home with your kids! (I wouldve read this once and not believed me either, give it a go - itll work).

    ReplyDelete

Helpful Reading and DVDs - Google to find more info

  • All Cats Have Aspergers
  • Aspergers syndrome in the inclusive classroom - advice and strategies for teachers
  • Cowboy and Willis - Monica Holloway
  • First Steps in intervention with your child with autism: frameworks for communication
  • NO MORE MELTDOWNS
  • Playing, Laughing and Learning with Children on the Autism Spectrum
  • The Big Blue Book - Teaching Assistants Book
  • The Big Red Book - Helpful tips in the Classroom
  • The Land Before Time DVD's - Teaches about being 'different'
  • Tips for Toileting
  • Top Ten Tips: A survival guide for families with children on the Autism Spectrum
  • Transporters DVD - Teaches Emotions

Popular Posts